FVHD Operations Related to COVID-19
To all our Clients, Business Associates and Colleagues:
During this unprecedented time dealing with containing the spread of COVID-19 virus, we are taking this opportunity to advise you what steps we have taken to address the ever-changing conditions so that we all can remain safe and healthy. Fraytak Veisz Hopkins Duthie, PC – Architects/Planners remains operational and fully capable of servicing all of our clients’ needs.
Our Firm has implemented internal and external measures that allows our staff to continue servicing our clients during the NJ State Government closure of non-essential business.
- We are all practicing recommended social distancing as well as heightened hygiene and sanitary practices.
- So that we can continue to provide the high level of professional services, this includes creating remote connectivity to our network so our staff have access to critical client project information, drawings and electronic filing of applications remotely to the NJ Department of Education, which is now accepting electronic drawing files. NJDOE is only accepting electronic files but the status of their workforce and effect on turnaround approval times is unknown at this time.
- To the extent possible and practical, we would like to recommend to our clients that we all take advantage of these changes to our normal operating procedures and continue with capital project planning and updates to your District’s Long Range Facilities Plans. If you have not contacted our office to update your plan, and would like to do so during this time, please contact our office at your convenience. This will also allow continuity and avoid backlog once the normal operations of the District and NJDOE are resumed.
- We recommend all previously scheduled, non-essential, in-person meetings, in the office or at active construction sites be conducted via video or teleconference platform, or be rescheduled for a later time. A project representative will arrange remote meeting logistics as required.
- Scheduled and Planned Project Public Bidding: We will continue to work with the respective School Districts Administration to assist with preparation of draft advertisements, schedule and conduct pre-proposal meeting and bid openings. These services will be guided by NJ Public Health policy and legal requirements for compliance with NJ School Public Bidding Law.
- Business vendors can contact our Firm to arrange for service, deliveries and other events.
- Until further notice, the firm will not be participating in any public or private events, trade shows or conferences; and will continue to adhere to official government recommendations and mandates.
FVHD’s Principal Architects will continue to monitor the evolving health emergency and will update you should any of these policies change. We recognize the impact of this situation on everyone’s lives and appreciate your patience and understanding during this trying time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to discuss any specific concerns that you may have.
We will continue to operate in this manner until further notice. Continue to check our website for any additional updates.
On behalf of the Firm,
John J. Veisz, AIA, CSBA, RCI
Principal - President
George R. Duthie Jr, AIA, PP
Principal - Vice President
William D. "Ted" Hopkins III, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal - Vice President