Trinity Episcopal Cathedral

TRINITY CATHEDRAL

Trenton, New Jersey

The cathedral was originally designed by P.L. Fowler, Samuel Mountford and A.E. Micklewright in 1934 in the Gothic Revival style, and construction of the crypt was completed in 1936.  The roof of the structure reaches 60 feet above the ground. The High Altar is composed of rose-colored marble and rests on two platforms of green Italian marble. In the north transept is the Caesarea Altar that features carved figures of the Twelve Apostles. The south transept contains the Elizabeth’s Chapel that features 14 Russian Icons and a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Child in a 15th-century style. The cathedral itself was finally dedicated on January 24, 1954, and consecrated in 1965.  In subsequent years the cathedral has become a parish church.

For more information about this historical building, click HERE to visit the building history page on the church's website.

Photos provided by the Trinity Episcopal Church website